Here are some top courses that one may do after 12th Commerce-
- B.Com.– stands for Bachelor of Commerce. Generally a 3 years long course.
- B.B.A.– stands for Bachelor of Business Administration. 3 years long course.
- B.M.S.– stands for Bachelor of Management Science. 3 years long course.
- C.A.– stands for Chartered Accountancy. Duration depends on how you take training and clear exams.
- Integrated Law course. Duration is 5 years. It is a combination of General Graduation course and L.L.B.
- B.B.S.– stands for Bachelor of Business Studies. Course duration is 3 years.
- B.H.M.– stands for Bachelor of Hotel Management. Course duration is 4 years.
- B.E.– stands for Bachelor of Economics. Course duration is 3 years.
- B.F.A.– stands for Bachelor of Finance and Accounting. Course duration is 3 years.
- B.C.A.– stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. Course duration is 3 years.
- B.Sc. Applied Mathematics. Course duration is 3 years.
- B.Sc. Statistics. Course duration is 3 years.
- B.M.M.– stands for Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Media. Course duration is 3 years.
- B.Sc. Animation and Multimedia. Course duration is 3 years.
- B.E.M.– stands for Bachelor of Event Management. Course duration is 3 years.
- B.F.D.– stands for Bachelor of Fashion Design. Course duration is 3-4 years.
- B.El.Ed.– stands for Bachelor of Elementary Education. Course duration is 4 years.
- B.P.Ed.– stands for Bachelor of Physical Education. Course duration is 1 year.
- D.El.Ed.– stands for Diploma in Elementary Education. Course duration is generally 2 years.
- B.SW.– stands for Bachelor of Social Work. Course duration is 3 years.
If you are interested in detailed analysis of some good and valuable professional courses that one may pursue after 12th Commerce schooling, the next section will be of much use. In the next section, I’ve listed and analyzed some very popular as well as interesting courses, which not only offer god job scope, but also will help one scale up career ladder smoothly!
DETAILS OF 12 GOOD COURSES TO DO AFTER 12TH COMMERCE
B.Com. stands for Bachelor of Commerce. This is a course that most 12th Commerce stream students pursue after schooling! And there are many reasons why this course is so popular. First of all, the level of academic difficulty associated with this course is not too high. That means it is relatively easy to go thorough B.Com. program and obtain a Degree.
Another advantage is that it allows students to venture on to other fields. It is one such course, after doing which, one may go for other job oriented courses such as M.B.A., Vocational courses, Skill oriented courses etc.
Also, there are number of Private as well as Government Institutes offering B.Com. programs throughout India! So, finding a College and seat won’t be too difficult a task for 12th passed Commerce stream students! This, according to me, is another advantage that B.Com. course offers.
When it comes to B.Com., course duration is 3 years. After its completion, students may go for M.Com., which is Masters program. M.Com. will take 2 years to complete. After B.Com.-M.Com., one may easily get a job in teaching sector.
Other than that, there are numerous job opportunities for B.Com. graduates in Private and Government sectors. There are many Government job posts for which B.Com. graduates may apply. And there are many accountancy, finance and clerk posts available in Private companies, for which B.Com. graduates may apply.
Important subjects present in B.Com. course-
- Computer Applications and IT
- Business Regulatory Framework
- Company Laws
- Corporate Accounting
- Income Tax
- Business Communications
- Business Environment
- Management Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Banking and Insurance
Those were some main subjects taught in B.Com. program. Please note that many subjects gets repeated in each semester. Also, many elective subjects are also present in case of each semester. In case of B.Com. (Honours) program, specializing opportunity is also present, where students may select a particular Discipline and specialize in it!
Usually, only Graduates are allowed to pursue L.L.B. But, thanks to new rules, it is also possible for 12th Commerce students to pursue Law course from Law schools after schooling.
But to do so, they will have to select an integrated Law course! Such integrated courses lasts 5 years. These Integrated courses are combination of a Degree course and traditional L.L.B. course. For example- B.Com. and L.L.B./ B.A. and L.L.B. etc.
Talking about job opportunities, one may take up job in any law firm at the beginning. Gradually, one may start up on one’s own private practice, start a consulting firm or even start an own law firm!
Important subjects present in Law Courses-
- Constitutional Laws
- Property Laws
- Banking Laws
- Environmental Laws
- Company Laws
- Consumer Protection Laws
- Family Laws
- Labour and Industrial Laws
- Human Rights laws
- Administrative Laws
- Public International Laws
Those were some important subjects taught during L.L.B. program (Integrated or Regular). Apart from the theoretical subjects, regular Moot Court sessions are also held throughout the program. Some subjects will keep on repeating throughout different semesters.
3 C.A. (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY)
C.A. stands for Chartered Accountant. Job of a C.A. is to see to it that the financial affairs of businesses and companies are in accordance with the laws set by Government authorities. Their tasks include looking into tax affairs, look into financial transactions through auditing, creating necessary reports etc.
In case of 12th Commerce passed students, they may start off by applying for CPT (Common Proficiency Test). This test managed by ICAI.
Once CPT is cleared, students have to appear for C.A. Inter course. After completing C.A. Inter exam and doing Information Technology Training Course, one may appear for C.A. Final exam!
After clearing the final exam, one is said to have completed Chartered Accountancy test and become a C.A.! Studying involved in becoming C.A. is tough. But at the same time, the career prospects are exciting!
After becoming a C.A., one may take up positions related to Finance department in Private companies as well as Government Enterprises. After gaining some experience, one may also start working independently, offering consultation services as well as operating as a private auditor who may be hired by companies and businesses!
Important subjects present in Chartered Accountancy program-
- Tax Laws
- Business Laws
- Financial Management
- Business Communication
- Corporate Laws
B.B.A. stands for Bachelor of Business Administration. It is a 3 years long Degree course. After completion, one may also follow it up with an M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) Degree too!
After B.B.A., one may land managerial jobs in private sector. Though jobs are available for B.B.A. graduates in Government sector, the private sector offers more opportunities! Many MNCs recruit talented B.B.A. graduates to deal with management and finance related posts.