NMAT by GMAC is a national-level MBA entrance exam for admission to renowned management colleges such as Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Alliance University, SRM University, BML Munjal University, VIT University, ICFAI Business School (IBS) and Ansal University.
A computer-based test, NMAT by GMAC is conducted by Pearson VUE at 35 locations across India, and the aspirants have the right to choose their own exam venue/date/time as per convenience.
Candidates are allowed three retakes (reattempts) of the exam. The best of the three scores are considered for admission. The candidates can choose to select up to 7 schools/ colleges to send their scores for admission for free. Up to 7 institutes/programmes are included in NMAT by GMAC registration fees.
NMAT was acquired by GMAC in March 2015 from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
NMAT by GMAC is probably the first exam that has the exam conducting body offering the test-takers the facility to finance their MBA degree.
NMAT by GMAC Official Guide 2017 provides aspirants:
- 2 full-length past NMAT by GMAC test questions with answer explanations (including 120 never-before-seen past NMAT questions)
- 480 questions from past NMAT exams, with answer explanations
- 550 practice questions with answer explanations including 240 NEW questions for practice
- Exclusive access code to practice complete full-length NMAT by GMAC test online
There are no definite eligibility criteria for NMAT by GMAC. “It is the responsibility of the test taker to understand the eligibility requirements of all the universities and schools to which he/she is interested in applying before registering for NMAT by GMAC,” states the official.
A few guidelines on eligibility for students has been listed at the official website of NMIMS. It is recommended that aspirants should look for detailed eligibility criteria of the particular university and school of their choice before applying for admission to MBA or other management degree programmes.
However, a few general eligibility criteria need to be followed by every student before filling up the application form:
- It is compulsory for every student to have a bachelor’s degree (10+2+3/4) in any discipline from any recognised university.
- Candidates must have at least 50% score in aggregate in their graduation.
- Candidates with work experience of two or more years after graduation will be favoured for admission to all full-time programmes (according to Admission Information Handout of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS).
- Students in their final year of bachelors can also apply for the exam where they shall be offered provisional admission. The final admission will be granted only on clearing graduation exams in the first attempt with at least 50% of marks. The applicant should be able to submit all original documents within the stipulated time period.
NMAT by GMAC’s official website has clearly informed in its eligibility section, “All test takers who complete the Test Registration process pay the test fee within the time specified and follow the published NMAT by GMAC terms and conditions may sit for the NMAT exam. It is the responsibility of the test taker to understand the eligibility requirements of all the universities and schools to which he/she is interested in applying before registering for NMAT by GMAC. If the test taker registers for the test and then determine that he/she is ineligible for admission to the desired program, no test fee refund will be made. For the eligibility requirements, test takers are advised to check the websites of each university and school where they plan to apply”.